Thursday, June 1, 2017

Fishing

Hey there!
It's the first of the month, that means a new challenge is up at Creative Embellishments!
Here is the page I created for it:


Here are some close ups:






Here is the inspiration photo:


I was inspired by the colors, fish and anchor in the photo. For my background, I added some Tim Holtz Distress Ink through the Crackled Brick Stencil. Then I stamped with black ink using the Distressed Text Stamp. To both sides of my photo, I added Seaweed 2. I used colored texture paste and a paintbrush to coat the chippies. Then I added some mist spatters. I colored the 3 green  Tropical Fish this way as well. The Tropical Fish to the left of the photo, I painted with a coat of Gesso and then added the same mist spatters. Finally to the left of the photo, I added a Nautical Anchor. I added brown and silver embossing powders and used my heat gun on it. I finished it off with the same mist spatters. I added a Nautical Compass to the upper right corner and trimmed off some. That piece I added to the lower left corner. The Nautical Compass was colored with a variety of items- embossing powders, inks and mists. I finished off my layout by adding a flair from the Nautical Set 1.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

1 comment :

I enjoy reading your comments and greatly appreciate them! Thank you for stopping by!