Sunday, May 8, 2016

This Life

Happy Sunday and Happy Mothers day to all you Moms! I hope everyone had a fun filled National Scrapbooking Day yesterday. I was busy painting my daughters bedroom, so I didn't get any scrappy time yesterday.  I did get a layout done on Friday for Scrap Our Stash's and The ScrapRoom's NSD challenge.
The challenge was to use a sketch from the ScrapRoom and a stash list from Scrap Our Stash. I used Fancy Pants Meology, AC Dear Lizzy Serendipity and AC Amy Tangerine Plus One and came up with this layout of Sierra and a few friends at Prom her senior year:


I fussy cut and few flowers, added a flower and a few stick pins along with a tag:


I used a Thickers hash tag and a rub-on for my title. The heart was hand drawn with a marker:


I fussy cut the ampersand from a patterned paper and popped it up with foam tape over a hand cut frame and another tag. I added a few stickers, some stitching and some mist drops:


Here is the sketch I used:


and my stash items from the list:

PRE-SELECTED STASH LIST:
                                                    S ~ Stickers
                                                    T ~ Tags
                                                    A ~ American Crafts, Ampersand
                                                    S ~ Stick Pins
                                                    H ~ Hashtag (#), Heart(s)

Hope you have a wonderful Mother's day! I am off to paint a few shelves, scrap for a bit and then headed to visit my Mom and then dinner with the kids at Culvers.


3 comments :

  1. Beautiful layout and fantastic take on the sketch and stash challenges! Thank you for playing along at Scrap Our Stash and The ScrapRoom! Happy Mothers's Day Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day! love this layout, a great mixture between a bit of mixed media and paper based scrapping! love it. BL

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely layout. Fantastic take on both challenges. Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our stash.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and greatly appreciate them! Thank you for stopping by!